Whenever your heating and cooling system at home requires repair, you may be tempted to go online or check the yellow pages. Some people who do so end up calling the air conditioner repair Myrtle Beach contractor that they come across with. Unfortunately, this way of choosing a contractor when you are under pressure because your system needs immediate attention can be a recipe for trouble, especially for you.
If you are choosing an air conditioner repair contractor there are other important questions that need to be asked and answered aside from just asking when the contractor can visit you. It is not that it’s not important. It is just that if you don’t ask the right questions, you may end up spending more cash that you’re supposed to. Not only will you be wasting money but you will also have to go through a lot of stress along the way.
So how do you choose the right air conditioner contractor? It all begins with your first phone call, but there is more to that.
- Check their ratings on the Better Business Bureau
- Do they answer the calls promptly and professionally?
- Do they provide a clear timeline for the air conditioning repair service?
- Will they give you a courtesy call on the day of the service to inform you that the technician is scheduled to visit your home?
- Is the technician assigned to you professional in the way she talks or acts?
Once The Air Conditioning Repair Myrtle Beach Contractor Arrives:
- Is the contractor prompt? Did he arrive on time? If he was late, did he call to inform you about it?
- Does the contractor look professional, clean, and neat? Does he wear a clean uniform?
- Is he polite and professional in introducing himself to you? Did he confirm the reason why he was dispatched to your home?
- Did the contractor wear shoe covers before entering your house?
- Does he spend time to discuss with you the problems you’ve noticed on your unit? Does he ask probing questions? A good contractor knows how to listen to their customers. Doing so allows them to make the correct diagnosis but also detect signs of other problems that need to be addressed right away.
- After diagnosing the problem, does the contractor explain what the problem is and why it is important to have it fixed?
- Does he talk to you intelligently and professionally about the problem on hand and make sure that you understand what needs to be done? Do they provide a back up for their findings with visual references?
- In case you said no to their suggestions, do they accept it in a professional manner?
- Do they ask for your approval before doing any work?
- Once the repair has been completed, does he show you the defective part?
- Do they know how to clean after themselves?
- Do they provide you with a service ticket that details everything that has been done to your unit, all of the charges, and all other recommendations?
Always remember that these are only a few of the things you need to watch out for. Do your research and don’t rely your decision solely on the price of the service.
Call DuctWorks Heating and Cooling, Inc. if you are looking for a reputable air conditioner repair Myrtle Beach contractor.
DuctWorks Heating and Cooling, Inc.
303 Main St
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582